dinsdag 13 november 2012

Tuesday, 13th of November

We went on teambuilding-weekend (for work) together with Team L&L Zottegem!
And well, "zot" (from ZOTtegem) means "crazy (and funny!)" in Dutch.. And it was a crazy (read awesome) weekend for sure!

The first pictures are all about the food:
Food Food Food!
GOOD FOOD!


Saturday, 10th of November.
My first personnel party.
We were invited to the Chess Café in Gent 

I got a Mojito as aperitif.
Not really "wow, delicious!", but not bad either..

As appetizer you could choose between something with shrimps or dim sum..
I chose the shrimps.. but that was a little disappointing:


They were good, but not special..
and it looked very simple!

Up to the main course!
You could choose your own ingredients and let it get done for you..
I chose shrimps again.. and combined it with chicken meat, little potatoes and pieces of pineapple.
And for preparing my food I chose garlic butter!


I liked it a lot! It tasted really good!
What I didn't liked about it was the fact that it was very greasy food!
At the end of the course there was a lot of sauce left in my plate and I don't like it when my food is swimming in butter.. even though I adore garlic butter..
Maybe another hint for the owners: It would me more practical if it was more clear what every ingredient was.. I chose save but I was quite curious about some ingredients and nobody could tell me what it was and nobody was there to explain it.. Anyway, I quite enjoyed it!

As dessert: banana split!


quite simple though very tasty!

- Chess Café? good but not awesome! -



Sunday, 11th of November.
The first day of our awesome teambuilding weekend is coming to an end, time to end the day with good food! With recommendations of the owner of the place we were staying for the night we went to Den Amandus.

Starting with a glass of Cava as aperitif!


We decided to go for a dessert in stead of an appetizer.
We got a little appetizer from the house while waiting for our main course!


Very nice presentation and VERY tasty food!
Making me very curious about our other courses!

We didn't had to wait long for our main course,
 and this was what I chose:


It was absolutely AWESOME !!!

some of the other plates:

Delicious T-bone steak!

Lamb meat. 

Shrimps !

They all looked AND TASTED so delicious!
At this point, I guess, we were all sure we definitely want to come back here!
So we were already convinced of their service, their professionality, ..

Bring on the dessert, 'cause "There's ALWAYS room for dessert!" (by Lena Cossey)
Couldn't agree more on that one!


good food brings good atmosphere:


Some of them had left some room for a coffee,
so everybody got some cookies and chocolates.


- Den Amandus? Pure awesomeness! I'm already looking forward to the next visit! -



Monday, 12th of November.
Ready to go home after another day of awesomeness.
But before we each go home to our own houses: Food!
This time we went to De Groene Wandeling.

I chose the salad with shrimps (with croquettes)
which was very tasty!


and afterwards a citron tea..
( They serve their coffee and tea with a little glass of amaretto )


And an ice cream (which was homemade!) with chocolate sauce to end our weekend.


- De Groene Wandeling? Good! Quite standard. -

I'm sorry for the quality of my pictures.. I oughted it more important to enjoy all this awesome food! So it was always "quick taking a picture" because I couldn't wait to start eating!


CupcakeNele
x

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten